About the Company
Stratos Solutions specializes in innovative tax structuring and recovery solutions for Canada’s top 1000 companies. We employ cutting-edge data mining models and advanced tax and accounting strategies to help clients recover overpayments, credits, and plan strategically for reduced future tax and expense costs.
Our approach extends beyond tax consultation; we are dedicated business advisors. Serving a diverse client base, from individuals to large corporations, across all industries and regions, including international markets, we prioritize simplifying tax complexities and minimizing costs. Our industry-specific solutions address intricate business challenges.
Stratos excels in achieving substantial tax savings across various domains, including Goods & Service Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax, Provincial Sales Tax, Carbon Tax, Crown Royalties/Gas Cost Allowance, Payroll Tax, Customs, and Accounts Payable Disbursements.
Support senior team members in performing Recovery (reverse) audits and filing refund claims for all clients. Conduct smaller sales tax overpayment reviews, recovery (reverse) audits, transaction analyses, and file refund claims for Stratos clients. Perform Federal and Provincial research and work with relevant taxing authorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- · Prepare for reviews including researching and developing a review plan, etc.
- · Work with clients’ data to verify control totals, reconcile tax reported, and analyze audit populations and samples
- · Obtains source documentation from clients’ system
- · Review client documents relating to sales tax including invoices, purchase orders, sales tax returns and details, audits, etc.
- · Create schedules of invoices and/or other documents
- · Research and enters data regarding tax exemptions into the system
- · Research sales tax (GST/HST/QST/PST) questions and issues
- · Prepare sales tax refunds to provinces and/or claimed on a tax return
- · Prepares updates and reports of findings for clients
- · Analyze potential opportunities
Education and Qualifications
- · Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- · Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- · Knowledge researching tax questions and issues
- · Basic knowledge of commodity taxes
- · Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
- · Strong verbal and written communication skills
- · Must be able to travel to client locations and work out of town periodically
- · Items required for submission: Cover Letter, Resume and Transcripts
- · All interviews will be held at Stratos Solutions office
Person applying for the position must acknowledge that he/she are required to come to the office/client EVERYDAY.
Joining Stratos means joining the best. We pride ourselves in being a Premium leader in our industry. Stratos offers a dynamic, exciting, and fun work environment. You will grow and learn as you help us take innovative approaches to assist our clients. This opportunity provides a comprehensive total compensation package that includes a performance bonus incentive and benefits.
We thank all applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted.